It's vitally important that we join together to encourage fathers to become more involved in their children’s lives if they are present, and to become involved if they have been absent or inactive, for the following reasons:
• 63% of committed suicides by youth are from fatherless homes.
• 85% of all children with behavioral disorders come from fatherless homes.
• Children are more likely to engage in earlier sexual intercourse, as well as earlier teenage pregnancy when the biological father is absent from the home.
• Young males are twice as likely to engage in criminal activity if he comes from a fatherless home.
• 71% of all high school students that drop out are from homes with absent fathers.
• 70% of juveniles in state-operated institutions come from fatherless homes.
DADDY THINK ABOUT IT...
How many “friends” do your children have on their social networks? 50? 100? 1,000? 2,000? 5,000? Daddy, did you know there is software available so that you can mirror your children’s web surfing? There is also software that can search every friend added to your child’s social network. In many cases, these “friends” have been found to be sexual predators, pretending to be teens.